Privacy and Declaration Statement and Consent
In handling your personal information, Ethical Homeloans is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
How and why we collect information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for or use our products and services. In particular, we collect it so we can:
- Provide you with the products and services you require, which may include financial and insurance products and services
- Provide you with information about products and services available to you from Ethical Homeloans and associated businesses
Providing your personal information to other organisations
In providing products and services to you it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to other organisations with which we conduct business, some of which may be located overseas. These may include:
- Lenders, Mortgage managers
- Related entities, finance consultants, accountants, conveyancers, legal advisers, insurers, printers, mailing service, associates, contractors and aggregators
- Any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise
- Any person where we are required by law to do so
- Your referees
- Any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or asses
- Any organisation providing online verification of your identity
Consent to provide your personal information to a credit reporting body (CRB)
If you appoint us as your agent to obtain a report or information about your consumer or commercial credit worthiness from a CRB, we may disclose personal information such as your name, date of birth, and address to the CRB to obtain an assessment of whether that personal information matches information held by it.
Consent to receive marketing information
If you consent to us doing so, we may provide you with information from time to time about new products and services available to you from us or other businesses with whom we have a relationship. Your consent to our providing this information to you will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive this information.
Consent to receive documents electronically
If you consent to us providing you with documents by electronic communication, you confirm that paper documents may no longer be given and electronic communications must be regularly checked for documents. Consent to the giving of documents by electronic communications may be withdrawn at any time.
If your personal information is not provided
If you do not provide us with all the information we request we may be unable to supply to you to the product or service that you require.
You agree that we may collect, use and disclose your information as specified above.